Transportation safety is an integral part of the success of any trucking company. At Stegall Trucking, we approach safety proactively. We expect our drivers to be experienced, safe, and certified under requirements that are more stringent than those imposed by the Department of Transportation. Because we set such high standards for our drivers and our company, you can expect the same standards in safety, dependability, and service.
We do, however, realize that unexpected events happen that are beyond anyone's control. To remedy this, we have all the insurance coverage we need to protect you and our drivers if an accident does occur.
Some of our safety measures include:
- Regular drug and alcohol testing
- Background Checks to ensure a professional work history
- Monitoring systems for Drivers Hours of Services so drivers without adequate hours are not dispatched.
- As part of our driver qualification process, every applicant is personally tested for equipment knowledge and driving ability.
- A safety bonus program rewards drivers for excellence in performance and compliance.
- Regular service checks for tractors and trailers.
- An in-house full-service maintenance facility to make sure equipment is kept within the utmost safety standards as determined by the US Department of Transportation.